home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Stitched Hearts Love U Holographic Card

Hello and thank you for popping by my blog today.

I have indulged myself with a whole day spent in my craft room to create cards for Valentine's Day, as well as a couple of other card-giving occasions (which I will share with you at a later date). It's amazing how fast time flies, so much so that when it is time to put down the stamps and glue, you haven't completed half of what you set out to do. Is it just me or does that happen to you as well?

I picked up a few goodies from the Simon Says Stamp "You Have My Heart" release (LOVE IT ALL!!!), so today's project shows that I actually got around to using one of the items I purchased :-)

Not only that, I also used up some DP I've been hoarding since I first began stamping (yikes!).


The visual affect in the negative part of the hearts is actually holographic hearts, but since my photographic skills aren't that great, I'm not sure you are able to see that in the above picture. Suffice to say, IRL, it looks A-MAZING (OK, call me biased!).

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge this week is to use hearts, so I'm popping over to enter this card on their inspirational blog. As well, the Just Us Girls Challenge #329 is the word "Valentine", so I think this card qualifies as well ;-)


Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful, crafty day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew Label Love
Paper: White & Black cardstock; Little Yellow Bicycle DP; Recollections Holographic Hearts DP
Accessories: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Heart Collage Die; Simon Says Stamp Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle Dies; Adhesive Pop Dots

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that shine IS amazing from the holographic paper! BEAUTIFUL indeed! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Have a Heart” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day! Wow on this beautiful card,Susi! Yay for using up some of that paper you have be saving . Gorgeous card and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely happens to me, Susi! Compound that with the sound of Tom walking into the house, and no dinner ready... oops! HellO holographic beauty!!! Wow, it looks amazing to me, too.. and I love the X O paper!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this clean yet bold design! Love the holographic hearts and that cool label sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and those holographic hearts are incredible looking! Glad to see you stopped hoarding for this card. lol I know, it's hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful background and those holographic hearts are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS elegance! Awesome placement of your hearts- Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate, Susi ... there's a Time Eating Monster living at my house at the moment!! Fabulous card ... yep, I see the holographic shimmer in the hearts and it's gorgeous ... adds such a great sense of depth! It'd be perfect for our Time Out challenge, if you'd like to link it up! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!