home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mighty Bloom Birthday Wishes - CTD#380

Ummm ....

Excuse me while I pick myself off the floor!

I know, I know! My SECOND post of the day!!!

Obviously, I've had WAY too much fun this weekend making cards :-)

But I couldn't resist this week's Color Throwdown Challenge to use Red, Grey/Silver & White, especially after seeing all the amazing inspiration on the blog.


I think I spent more time going through all my DP stash than I did putting this card together. And yes, that means I have A LOT of DP stash! And who can blame me? If they didn't make the stuff so darn pretty ...


I began by stamping a white card panel with the Rubbernecker French Script Background in SU Smoky Slate ink. The grey DP was cut with the PTI Mighty Blooms Cover Plate, then I proceeded to add back some sections that I cut from other, complimentary DP, allowing the French Script to show through some of the negative spaces. The word "Birthday" was diecut 3 times, glued together and popped up. The final touch was to add a bit of bling to the centre of the "flower" image. It was a toss up between this matching red glittery "ring", or a large clear rhinestone. It seems the ring won.

Once completed, I glued my card to a final layer of Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red.

Happy Sunday & thanks for dropping in!

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Wonderful Words: Birthday
Dies: PTI Wonderful Words: Birthday; PTI Mighty Blooms Cover Plate
Ink: Versafine Black; Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
Paper: Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red CS; Black CS; White CS; Mix of Memory Box & Echo Park DP
Accessories: Stamping Bella Glitter Ring

6 comments:

  1. OH my goodness, Susi, this is gorgeous - how did I miss that Throwdown?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that big bold bloom!! Wonderful card!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! You did a wonderful job matching your card to the inspiration photo. I like the red, grey and white color combination...will need to use that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design! Love how you filled in some of the bloom and let the elegant script background show through some of it, too. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Backtracking a bit Susi, I didn't realize you were posting again. So happy that you are! This is fantastic, I love that cover plate!

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!