home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Papertrey Ink Pretty Peonies Anniversary Set Birthday Card

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of PTI stamps & dies (just ask my card making gal pals! LOL).

This Papertrey Ink Anniversary set, released in February 2012, remains one of my all-time faves of their Anniversary sets. I love the images, the sentiments, how well coordinated the stamps are, and especially, their sizing.

I recently had to make a Birthday card for my BFF, whom I've known since Grade 7, so this is the set I reached for.

Sometimes, it takes me a lot of time to put together a card I'm happy with - the layout, the colours, the elements. Many times I've spent hours in my craft room, only to scrap everything I've worked on, frustrated at myself.

This card wasn't one of them ... it seemed to design itself ! (If the card fairy was there helping me out, why doesn't she come back more often?) :-)


Along with the Butterfly image stamp from the set, I used the matching die set, as well as Spellbinder's Circle Nesties (and Small Scalloped Circles). The top half of the card was embossed with dots, while the bottom half is stamped with a sentiment from PTI's Think Big Favorites #12. The scalloped border is actually PTI's Heart Border die tucked under to only show the top part. A piece of gingham ribbon finished it off.

My friend was delighted with her card - and I was happy with the way it turned out.

Hope you like it too & thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!